- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/gas 5.
- Rub the flour, sugar and butter together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, you can do this in the food processor.
- Add enough egg to bring the mixture together to form a stiff dough.
- Flour your hands and shape the dough into a tube, about 5cm in diameter. Cut into 2cm-thick slices and place on a lightly greased and floured large baking sheet. Space them out as the mixture will spread when baking.
- Make a small indentation in the middle of each slice with the end of a wooden spoon, and drop a tsp of jam in the centre.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until slightly risen and just golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
To start making our Vegan Sandwich Loaf, we need to make the egg replacer by mixing the ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp water in a small bowl and leaving it in fridge for 10-15 mins.In a large bowl sift in the flour, xanthan gum, salt, dried yeast, bicarbonate of soda and...