- Preheat the oven to 190C/380F/Gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, milk and melted butter in a large bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chopped apple and lightly mix.
- Using half of the mixture, quarter-fill each of the muffin cases with the mixture and top with a few pieces of toffee. Cover with the remaining filling so the cases are half full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold.
Grease and line a 19cm (7.5”) round cake tin with double thickness greaseproof paper.Weigh all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat with a large spoon until well mixed (4-6 mins).Place the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth over with the back of a wet...