- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare two 9 inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- Add flours, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb of soda and salt to a large bowl. Whisk through using your paddle instrument (if using a mixing machine) or mix well with a spoon until all mixture is combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla flavour (or essence) to the flour mixture and mix together on medium speed (if using mixing machine) or by using a wooden spoon until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on a high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between both cake tins. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling for approx. 10 minutes. Remove from the pans and allow cooling completely.
- Decorate the chocolate cake to your preferred liking. We suggest using a chocolate flavoured buttercream.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (170°C for fan assisted) and lightly grease and line a 20cm loosebottomed tin.Toss the raspberries in no more than 1 tbs flour to help prevent them sinking.Sift the flours, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl.In a...