- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare two 9 inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- Add flours, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb of soda and salt to a large bowl. Whisk through using your paddle instrument (if using a mixing machine) or mix well with a spoon until all mixture is combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla flavour (or essence) to the flour mixture and mix together on medium speed (if using mixing machine) or by using a wooden spoon until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on a high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between both cake tins. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling for approx. 10 minutes. Remove from the pans and allow cooling completely.
- Decorate the chocolate cake to your preferred liking. We suggest using a chocolate flavoured buttercream.
Heat the oven to 170oC and grease and line an 8” square baking tinPour all 500g of brownie mix into a large bowl and add in the melted butter and mix well to combine.Add in the eggs and whisk for approx. 1 min until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved.Pour in...