- Grease and line the base of two 7” round sandwich tins and preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F (170°C if using fan-assisted).
- Weigh the butter and sugar into a bowl and briefly cream them together – they don’t need to be pale and fluffy, just well mixed.
- In a separate bowl weigh the flour and add the baking powder and Xanthan gum. Stir these together and sift them.
- Add the three eggs, vanilla extract and the sieved flour into the butter and sugar and mix thoroughly with an electric beater or vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Once the mixture is pale and fully mixed pour it into the prepared tins and place in the oven. When the cakes are well-risen and nicely browned remove them from the oven and run a blade around the edge of the tin to loosen them.
- Turn them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool remove the greaseproof lining and then fill and decorate as required.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust – Makes one 10-11” pizza, serves 2 To make your begin making your Gluten Free Pizza Crust, mix 8g Dried Yeast with 180ml warm water. Add ½ tsp of sugar and stir until dissolved, then set aside for 10 minutes. Mix 200g of pizza base mix with the...